Remove recent history from XP

From our series of XP tips n tricks in this article we would cover following
  • Remove options from start menu, hide workgroup options
  • How to remove show my documents options from start menu
  • How to remove show my picture options from start menu
  • How to remove show my network connections options from start menu
  • How to remove show help and supports options from start menu
  • How to remove show log off options from start menu
  • How to use classic search options in explorer and internet explorer
  • How to remove recently open document history from run documents and internet explorer
  • How to remove the history of accessed network resources
  • How to hide view workgroup computer options form workgroup
We would use power toys software for these tricks.
Launch power toys tweak UI
Start ==> program ==> power ==> toys Tweak UI

To remove show my documents options from start menu

Select explorer option
uncheck this options :- show my document on classic start menu
The show my document on classic start menu check box controls whether my documents is shown at the top of the document submenu of the classic start menu.

To remove show my picture options from start menu

uncheck this options :- show my picture on classic start menu
Show my picture on classic start menu check box controls whether my pictures is shown at the top of the documents submenu of the classic start menu.

To remove show my network connections options from start menu

uncheck this options :- show my network connections on classic start menu
uncheck this options :- show my document on classic start menu
The show my document on classic start menu check box controls whether my documents is shown at the top of the document submenu of the classic start menu.

To remove show my picture options from start menu

uncheck this options :- show my picture on classic start menu
Show my picture on classic start menu check box controls whether my pictures is shown at the top of the documents submenu of the classic start menu.

To remove show my network connections options from start menu

uncheck this options :- show my network connections on classic start menu
uncheck this options :- allow help on start menu
Allows help on Start Menu check box controls whether help and supports should appears on start menu or not.

To remove show log off options from start menu

uncheck this option :- logoff on start menu
Clear the "logoff on start menu" check box to remove the logoff options from the start menu.

To use classic search option in explorer and in internet explorer

Check these options :- classic search in explorer box
classic search in internet explorer box
Check the use classic search in explorer box to return to the old windows 2000 way of searching for files from explorer.
Check the use classic search in internet explorer box to return the old windows 2000 way of searching of the internet.

To remove recently open documents history from run documents and internet explorer

uncheck this options :- allow recent document on start menu
Allow recent document on start menu check box enables the display of documents of the classic start menu and enables the list my most recently opened documents check box on the start customization dialog.
check this options :- clear document history on exit check box
Clear document history on exit check box controls whether explorer will clear the recent documents history run dialog history and typed URL history when you log off.
uncheck this options :- maintain document history check box
Maintain document history check box enables the tracking of recently opened documents of the start menu and on the file menu of many applications.

To remove the history of accessed network resources

uncheck this options :- maintain network history check box
Maintain network history check box allows the my network places folder to track network resources containing recently accessed documents.

To hide view workgroup computer options form workgroup

uncheck this options :- show view workgroup computers
Show view workgroup computers in net places check box controls whether view workgroup computer task will be available in the common task pane of the network places folder when you are on a home network.
If you uncheck this option View workgroup computer option will be hide form my network place

0 comments:

Post a Comment